Meditation and mindfulness isn’t just for adults. Kids benefit from it, too! Some of the benefits of practicing meditation and mindfulness are:
- it helps us practice self-regulation, getting us more in touch with our emotions and how our bodies feel
- we are able to calm our minds and relax
- better focus
- helps us see things from a different perspective
In this free Mindfulness and Meditation Exercises for Children class, I lead your child through 5 different meditation and mindfulness exercises. These exercises are great for adults, too, so feel free join in!
Be sure to download the handout below the video so you can have a list of the exercises and how to do them on hand!
- Make a shaker or rattle by putting dried beans, coffee beans, dried pasta, or rice in a clean container or plastic egg
- Here’s an article that shows six ways to make a glitter calming jar
Books mentioned in the video: